We examine the popularity of different emojis around the world
1. French speakers send four times as many heart emojis as those using other languages
2. Flower and plant emojis are used by Arabic speakers at more than four times the average rate
3. Australians use double the average number of alcohol-themed emojis, leading on junk food and holiday symbols too
4. Russian speakers use three times as many romantic emojis than average
5. US social media users lead on the use of skulls, birthday cake, fire, and tech-related emojis
This article is featured in issue 90 of Positive News magazine. Become a subscriber member to receive Positive News magazine delivered to your door, plus you’ll get access to exclusive member benefits.