Volunteering for the British Youth Council (BYC) will give you the opportunity to get a qualification, as well as learning more about campaigning as a way to encourage other young people to bring about change. BYC are looking for bright and lively 16-25 year olds to be enthusiastic advocates of their campaigns. You will be able to specialise in areas that interest you and take part in a personal development programme. This full time volunteering opportunity lasts for 44 weeks over 12 months.
Tasks will include:
* promoting the work of BYC through outreach to schools, youth groups and other events
* designing and delivering training to young people
* assisting with the production of our online newsletter
* carrying out desk based research relating to policy and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* a keen interest in current affairs and the policy-making process in the UK
* good verbal and written skills
* experience or knowledge of web based media and social networking sites
* experience of delivering training
* experience of working with groups of other young people
* the ability to work effectively as part of the Campaigns team.
There are 10 Campaign Volunteers team placements available which:
* are four days a week, with the day off to be negotiated;
* last 44 weeks over 12 months;
* are based at our London offices (London Bridge)
* pay for your travel and lunch.
We are looking for volunteers aged 16-25 to start on the 6th July 2009. Interviews will be held on the 15th and 16th June.
To download an application form and find out more information (including a role description) go to website www.byc.org.uk/media.php?parent_id=162&content_id=532
Please send completed forms by email to [email protected], by 5pm on 9th June 2009.
If you have any further questions or would like an informal chat about these volunteering opportunities, please contact [email protected] or call 020 7785 6456.